[OpenLayers-Users] OSM base layer + WMS overlay

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Sun Feb 26 14:30:03 EST 2012

On Sunday, February 26, 2012, Andreas Hocevar wrote:

> This is not a regression caused by
> https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/219. I don't even think
> it is a regression at all - at least I do not remember that this ever
> worked, because a layer's maxExtent was never set to the base layer's
> maxExtent. @Eric, this is the issue that you and I discussed in
> https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/177.
>
> Andreas.

You're right Andreas. I now also don't see how this could have ever worked.

François, the WMS layer has no maxExtent set in its options so it gets its
maxExtent value from the map, which is [-180,-90,180,90] and not what you
want. OpenLayers has always behaved this way in our opinions.

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS
Savoie Technolac, BP 352