[OpenLayers-Users] Re: ArcGISCache example's URL

Tobias Reinicke ramotswa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 03:45:52 EST 2012

Morning,

I've somewhat managed to get it to work... I say somewhat because the
requests are coming in for the correct tiles, I just have to figure
out how to add some custom parameters at the end of every tile request
so that it passes the security it's coming from.

my layer def:

var myLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.ArcGISCache('MyLayer',
          "URL THAT ENDS JUST BEFORE THE \L01 folder",
           {
               tileOrigin: agsTileOrigin,
               useAGS: false,
               useArcGISServer: false,
               isBaseLayer: false,
               type: 'jpg'
           });

My slight confusion is that in the api docs it says to use "useAGS"
and in the example it says to use: "UseArcGISServer".. so I just used
both and it seemed to work.
(http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.11/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Layer/ArcGISCache-js.html)

Hope that helps...

Toby