[OpenLayers-Users] using default transparency from service

spiveygb brett.spivey at nc.gov
Wed Feb 29 15:17:21 EST 2012

When accessing services from ArcGIS Server, either REST or WMS, the layers
are opaque although they have some transparency by default. Is there no way
to have the layers draw as intended directly from the service? I know I can
set opacity when creating the layer but users can add or access
services/layers from many different servers (that aren't mine). In other
words, I don't know what services or layers they may add. Therefore, I don't
want to "assign" a static transparency value for every one of them by
default in the code.