[OpenLayers-Users] IE 8/9 Click Handler Single Only triggered by Double

David Martin David at itbeyond.com.au
Fri Jan 13 08:32:41 EST 2012

I have been bashing my head against the wall and I think the problem is
in the Click Handler. I am using 2.11 but the problem also is visible in
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/click-handler.html - using IE if you
select single only you get a double click event showing as a click - I
think this is wrong and it was not the way it used to be in versions
past. Has an issue resurfaced or do I need to do something else to get
double click not triggering a single click in IE.

I am using single to run an AJAX query to return features at the click
and I also use the Navigation control to handle double (left & right )
zoom in/out. I would have thought this typical so I am not sure why my
double click in IE is triggering a DB query.

Any help would be appreciated.

David Martin

This message may contain privileged or confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disclose, disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail by mistake please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. You should rely on your own virus checking programs and procedures for checking any attachments. Please advise us if you wish your name and e-mail address to be removed from our database.