[OpenLayers-Users] Printing options for map w/ styled vector layers?

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 16:22:17 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 4:20 PM, mortac8 <ashley_c_mort at raytheon.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> If I have a map with a WMS background layer and a several styled Vector
> layers, is it possible to print server-side and still maintain all of my
> vector stylings?  If so, approximately how much effort is this and is
> MapFish the way to go?
>
> I'm trying to decide if it's worth the effort to deal with styled vectors
> server-side or just use the browser/javascript print() function and deal
> with its issues.  I have read through the archives and read the wiki but I
> didn't see much about maintaining styling when printing server-side.

If you can bear with something browser-side I've made a Chrome extension
that screenshots the current tab, crops out the ol div and draws it in a
canvas for printing.
It's Chrome only and it's not exactly what you asked for but it occurred to
me somebody could use the idea.

It's on github:

https://github.com/unicolet/chrome_print_ext

HTH,