[OpenLayers-Users] Re: overlaying tiled WMS on top of bing

Kjel Anderson kanderson at truevectortech.com
Thu Jan 26 13:44:46 EST 2012

Looking at it now I see the version that is working "best" is with the wms
layer being untiled.

  function init(){
                // if this is just a coverage or a group of them, disable a
few items,
                // and default to jpeg format
                format = 'image/png';

                var bounds = new OpenLayers.Bounds(
                    -19840232, 2028971.375,
                    -7262943, 11534410
                );
                var options = {
                    controls: [],
                    maxResolution: 49130.03515625,
                    projection: "EPSG:900913",
                    units: 'm'
                };
                map = new OpenLayers.Map('map', options);

            var road = new OpenLayers.Layer.Bing({
                name: "Road",
                key: apiKey,
                type: "Road"
            });
            var hybrid = new OpenLayers.Layer.Bing({
                name: "Hybrid",
                key: apiKey,
                type: "AerialWithLabels"
            });
            var aerial = new OpenLayers.Layer.Bing({
                name: "Aerial",
                key: apiKey,
                type: "Aerial"
            });

            map.addLayers([road, hybrid, aerial]);

            tiled = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
                "dwt_lata_proj - Untiled", "
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms",
                {
                    width: '512',
                    srs: 'EPSG:900913',
                    layers: 'DWT:dwt_lata_proj',
                    height: '386',
                    styles: '',
                    format: format,
                    transparent:true,
                    numZoomLevels:19,
                    minResolution:0.5971642833948135,
                    maxResolution:156543.03390625
                },
                {singleTile: true, ratio: 1}
            );

            map.addLayer(untiled);

            // build up all controls
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.PanZoomBar({
                position: new OpenLayers.Pixel(2, 15)
            }));
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.Navigation());
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.Scale($('scale')));
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.MousePosition({element:
$('location')}));
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher());