[OpenLayers-Users] Image without dithering after zoom

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Tue Jul 10 14:00:53 PDT 2012

The anti-aliasing you are seeing is a feature of modern browsers. It
is meant to make scaled pictures look better. And this behavior cannot
be controlled (at least to my knowledge) with JavaScript.

Your workaround option would be using a server (WMS, e.g. GeoServer)
with the image as raster data source and anti-aliasing turned off.

Andreas.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Bennos <benjaminpreisig at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to add an image with meteorological information to my map as an
> image layer. One pixel of the image represents 1 km2 and should be sharp
> after zooming in. But when adding the image layer to the map and after
> zooming in the picture is dithered and the original pixels are not visible
> anymore.
>
> After trying different options and not finding a solution, my querstion is:
> Is there an easy way to add an image to OpenLayers where after zooming in
> the map also the image is zoomed and the original pixels become visible?
>
> Regards,
> Benjamin

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/