[OpenLayers-Users] Accessing an Offline Tile Store

Joaquim Muchaxo joaquim at rocketmail.com
Mon Jul 23 07:51:21 PDT 2012

Hi,

  the tiles on disk have a known layout into folders and files, so a mapping from a tile url to files is possible.
This means you would not need an http request you would open a disk file.
The correspondence from bounding box to tile folder/filename is generally given by a formula. This formula depends on the tile software you have used.

I may help a little more for instance if you are using tilecache or geowebcache.

If other just look it up a little on google.
I'd also suggest you ask this on

http://gis.stackexchange.com/

regards,

Joaquim.