[OpenLayers-Users] wmsgetfeaureinfo doesn't work with a literal url

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Wed Jul 25 14:25:41 PDT 2012

> The mean is:
>
> If I use a ip address in url value, the wmsgetfeatureinfo works.
> If I use a literal hostname in url value, the wmsgetfeatureinfo
> doesn't fire at all !
>
> I used Ol 2.11, I also tryed ol 2.12. The problem remains.
>
> Had nobody this problem, Did nobody knows something about this strange
> behave ?

I would nobody has this problem. I use wmsgetfeatureinfo with literal
hostname all the time. Never used an ip address.

So, firstly, you say wmsgetFeatureinfo doesnt fire at all. What do you
mean by that? Have you used firebug to trace into where getfeatureinfo
is called? Or are you using the Net monitor to see that wmsgetfeature
POSTs are not being generated? (This would be
first thing to check for me; then I would be looking at hacking the
tests/control/WMSGetFeatureINfo.html test case to your server and going
into debug from there.