[OpenLayers-Users] markers feature

jvonrudno jvonrudno at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 02:23:32 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I have created a marker using the function: "feature.createMarker()"
Obviously I have created previously the object "var feature = new
OpenLayers.Feature".

In the "feature" I have added the atribute id as "feature.id =
customerNumber", then I am using the event on mousedown to know when the
user make click in the marker and I create a funtion to handler this event.
In this function I want to get the "feature.id" that I have define.

I need to know this id when the user click over the marker to do other
tasks.

could someone tell me how I can read this feature?

The code is the following:
var feature = new OpenLayers.Feature(layer_markers, lonlat);
feature.id = indexCustomer;
marker = feature.createMarker();
marker.events.register("mousedown", map, mouseMoveHandler);

function mouseMoveHandler(evt) {
		alert (marker.id);
}

Many thanks in advance