[OpenLayers-Users] Chicken in AddPopup

Greg Allensworth gregor at greeninfo.org
Fri Jun 1 14:32:03 PDT 2012

On 6/1/2012 2:16 PM, Gery . wrote:
> Hello Smaran,
> I don't really know what that means, but it is part of the code, if you
> put for example "pig" or "dog", it won't work, trust me I did it and
> didn't work =)
> Cheers,  Gery

It's the ID of the created popup element, e.g.

It works just fine to use other IDs in there. If yours didn't work when
you used "pig" or 'dog" something else must have been broken when you
changed it. :)

This does mean that you can use CSS to style a specific popup. Give a
different popups an id of "eventinfo" or "housingstats" and then:
    #eventinfo h1 { font-size:20pt; }
    #housingstats h1 { font-size:15pt; }

It also means you can do DOM manipulations and jQuery stuff using that
ID, e.g.   $('#eventinfo table.tablesorter').tablesorter();

--
Greg Allensworth, Web GIS Developer
BS  A+  Network+  Security+  Linux+  Server+
PH: 415-979-0343 x302  FX: 415-979-0371    email: gregor at greeninfo.org
Web: www.GreenInfo.org     www.MapsPortal.org

Subscribe to MapLines, our e-newsletter, at www.GreenInfo.org