[OpenLayers-Users] Vector Layer on Chrome weirdness

William DePalo depalow at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 12:03:10 PDT 2012

Hi,

A couple of days ago I asked why clicking on a line string feature in a
KML layer displayed in the Chrome browser would not raise an event even
though the same code works fine in Firefox, IE, Safari and Opera.

Today I found that the problem is related to the presence of this line

OpenLayers.Layer.Vector.prototype.renderers = ["SVG2", "VML", "Canvas"];

If I omit the line then I get the event. If it is present, I don't.

So, I'm happy to leave the line out and let the browser choose the
render method and forego the performance gain which I thought the line
brought if it means everything will work as expected.

Is this a bug or should I do something differently? That is should I be
worried about things breaking with v2.12?

Thanks for any info.

Regards,
Will

P.S. I'm not sure it is helpful but I can tell you that with the line
present the code jumps from line 205 in Handler.js to something that
handles panning the map (somewhere in either DragPan.js or Drag.js)
where the event is apparently stifled before it gets to the
SelectFeature control.