[OpenLayers-Users] GWT SelectFeature.select() method no longer available?

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Mon Jun 11 02:47:46 PDT 2012

On 11 June 2012 02:23, jmorley <jeremy.morley at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

> jamarks wrote
>>
>> I want to programmatically select features using GWT.  It appears there
>> had been a SelectFeature.select(VectorFeature) method, but that maybe it
>> no longer exists.  I haven't been able to find any discussion confirming
>> or refuting this.
>>
>> If there is a supported way of programmatically selecting a feature, I'd
>> love to hear about it.
>>
>> Jett
>>

> I haven't found any reply to this, or confirmation on the web of whether
> SelectFeatures.select() should work in v2.11. In an experiment it didn't
> seem to work but this was in the middle of a complex application and maybe I
> had something else wrong.
>
> What's the best way of programmatically selecting a feature in a layer,
> please?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, I've tried this on the Select example[1],

1st) draw a couple of polygons

2nd) open a console (I'm using Chrome)

c = this.map.getControlsByClass("OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature")[0]

l1 = this.map.getLayersByClass("OpenLayers.Layer.Vector")[0]

3rd) select features

c.select(l1.features[0])
c.select(l1.features[1])
c.unselectAll()

So the select method seems to work as expected on this minimal and rude example.

Cheers

--
Jorge Sanz
http://es.osgeo.org