[OpenLayers-Users] Correct format for cql_filter in WMSgetFeatiureInfo

Asle Benoni asle.benoni at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 03:16:54 PDT 2012

Hello,
I am struggling with this code where I have a cql_filter generated from a
search field. If the user has not searched anything the cql_filter must be
empty. I had problems getting a correct syntax if the cql_filter is empty
so I had to set a default value. But when I have a search code for
cql_filter it fails telling me in Firebug:

Layers and filters are mismatched, you need to provide one filter for each layer

My cql_filter code is i.ex. this: "scientificname LIKE '%moser%' ".

I see the cql_filter added to the WMS request but I get the error above.
Any ideas?

           if (typeof param != 'undefined') {
                   var filter_param = param;
              } else {var filter_param = 'id > 1'}
                    info = new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
                    url: 'http://kart.naturkart.no/geoserver/wms',
                    title: 'Identify features by clicking',
                    queryVisible: true,
                    infoFormat:'application/vnd.ogc.gml',
                    vendorParams:{
                        cql_filter: filter_param
                    },
                    eventListeners: {
                    /*    'Beforegetfeatureinfo': function () {
                                     filter_param :filter_param
                                     // this. vendorParams. settings =
Math. random ();
                             }, */