[OpenLayers-Users] KML versions?

Barend Köbben kobben at itc.nl
Tue Jun 12 10:57:31 PDT 2012

Hi,

Is there any documentation about what flavours of KML are supported in the
vector type layers for OpenLayers? I have been experimenting with
OpenLayers.Layer.Vector, using protocol: OpenLayers.Protocol.HTTP and
format: OpenLayers.Format.KML.

But I find that there are many KML versions and ways of setting up a KML.
E.g. KML created by QGIS always works fine, but ArcMAP exports as KML
works sometimes, mostly not. Most curiously, not even "Save Place as" KML
from Google Earth (KMLs native habitat, I'd have thought) not even always
work...?

--
Barend Köbben
Senior Lecturer, ITC - University of Twente,

Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC)
University of Twente
Chamber of Commerce: 501305360000

E-mail disclaimer
The information in this e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action in relation to the content of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please delete the message and any attachment and inform the sender by return e-mail. ITC accepts no liability for any error or omission in the message content or for damage of any kind that may arise as a result of e-mail transmission.