[OpenLayers-Users] last 3 zoom levels not working

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Tue Jun 12 15:20:55 PDT 2012

Hi,

This is a bug. I ticketed it and attached a pull request:
https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/524.

The reason for this issue is that 2.12 restricts the map view to a
maximum of one world when the base layer has wrapDateLine set to true.
This is done because vector layers do not repeat when more than one
world is visible. Other web mapping applications have the same
restriction.

The PanZoomBar control did not respect this restriction. This is fixed
with the above pull request. The fix comes a bit too late for 2.12,
unless a regression shows up that warrants another release candidate.
However, the fix should be in master soon.

Andreas.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Peter <pfischer at proveo.com> wrote:
> hey guys,
>
> so i tried the client zoom like in the example:
> http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/clientzoom.html
>
> this works fine but the last 3 zoom levels are not working. in the zoombar
> they are displayed but you are not able to zoom out. this happens in the
> example, also in my version. i am using 2.12 rc 6.
>
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4980781/zoomBug.png

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/