[OpenLayers-Users] Google map v3 popup again?

Nick Kendall n.e.kendall at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 07:29:11 PDT 2012

The issue as I see it is that Google is a double edged sword. They provide a high quality data source, which as developers we have little control over; i.e. we're at google's mercy for what they provide and when. This is obviously the case with all major third party data sources. So as I see it, we are faced with the choice of taking what's free, or undertaking the task of providing our own base layers which adds additional programming and data requirements. Ultimately, I'd have to say it's application specific.

Sent from my mobile device