[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS Output to GML without Drawing

Donald Kerr donald.kerr at dkerr.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 13:27:19 PDT 2012

Is it possible to combine multiple WFS requests using
OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS and output that as a single GML file without
rendering a map i.e. use OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS for the combining part,
make the request then directing that request to some output - no actual
drawing a map, just manipulation of the data?

To explain what I'm trying to do: I want to output several WFS layers as GML
so that they can be imported to another program as a single GML file. I
would like to make this file available as a url, i.e. right click - save as,
so that the user could then import the lot as a single file. I'm using
Mapserver as the WFS server and I don't think I can combine WFS layers at
the server level (similar question asked at mapserver-users).

Many thanks.

Regards,

Donald