[OpenLayers-Users] Own map layer in different projection

dalori shoppen at bananenhand.de
Thu Jun 28 01:48:57 PDT 2012

Well yes, I guess this is the thing I mentioned with being stupid.

I have added the bounds, but I don't know if there is a name for the
projection. It is just a rectangular projection with no adjustments covering
the whole world.

The example init function would now look like this, but this still does not
work:
      function init()
      {
        point = new OpenLayers.LonLat(-131.662903, 54.167258);
        bounds = new OpenLayers.Bounds();
        bounds.extend(new OpenLayers.LonLat(-180, -90));
        bounds.extend(new OpenLayers.LonLat(180, 90));

        map = new OpenLayers.Map("map", {
          tileSize : new OpenLayers.Size(512, 512),
          maxExtent: bounds
        });

        map.addLayer(new OpenLayers.Layer.TMS("Name",
"http://www.bananenhand.de/background/level", {
          'type' : 'jpg',
          'getURL' : get_my_url,
          isBaseLayer: true
        }));
        map.setCenter(point, 2);

        markers = new OpenLayers.Layer.Markers("Markers");
        map.addLayer(markers);
        markers.addMarker(new OpenLayers.Marker(point));
      }

@Olivier Terral: Thanks for the lon/lat issue. I was too used to Google
which does it the wrong way with y/x. ;-)