[OpenLayers-Users] How is the "loaderror" event expected to work to return a default tile?? (calling Andreas ??)

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Thu Nov 1 20:56:17 PDT 2012

I have a custom class based on layer.XYZ.  I used to deal with load
errors by
OpenLayers.Util.onImageLoadError = function() {
     this.src = OpenLayers.Util.myXYZ.MISSING_TILE_URL;
};

Just noticed that this isnt working anymore and goes back to  a
loaderror event being added instead. I'd like to intercept this at class
level and return default tile but something is eluding me. I cant seem
to pick up this event at any level - (well its fired in grid.js, but I
cant seem to register a listener to deal with this).

--
Phil Scadden, Senior Scientist GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St,
Private Bag 1930, Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232