[OpenLayers-Users] Openlayer

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat Nov 24 17:11:36 PST 2012

I can add a little to Tue's comments.

1. you can look at installing tinyOWS which is part of mapserver.org
releases, this implements WFS-T

2. alternative this is as Tue has suggested do a getfeatureinfo (WMS
request) on the feature, and extract the PK. You can then trivially
write an ajax request in say php, to that you send the PK to to and it
connects to the postgresql/postgis database and deletes the feature.

Both of these assume that the data layer you want to edit is being
served from a postgresql/postgis database. You can NOT safely delete
features from shapefiles.

-Steve W