[OpenLayers-Users] object required xml.js line 587

ivan marchesini ivan.marchesini at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 05:14:24 PDT 2012

Dear OpenLayers users,
I'm developing a web application using OpenLayers (dev) and GeoExt.

I'm using the GeoExt.tree.WMSCapabilitiesLoader in order to create a
layer tree strarting from a wms capabilities document.

It regularly works for FF, Chrome and Safari!!!

I have a problem with IE8.
During the page loading an error arises :
Message: Object required
Line: 587
Char: 9
Code: 0
URI: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/openlayers/lib/OpenLayers/Format/XML.js

It seems an OpenLayers related error.
I wonder if someone has already experienced a similar error with the
XML.js file?

Going at row 587 of the xml.js file I find:

583    readNode: function(node, obj) {
584        if(!obj) {
585           obj = {};
586        }
587        var group = this.readers[node.namespaceURI ?
this.namespaceAlias[node.namespaceURI]: this.defaultPrefix];

any idea?
many thanks

Ivan

--
Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .dwg, .doc, .xls, .ppt.
Preferisco formati liberi.

Ivan Marchesini
Perugia (Italy)
Socio fondatore GFOSS "Geospatial Free and Open Source Software" http://www.gfoss.it