[OpenLayers-Users] Highlight features in WMS Layer

Smaran Harihar smaran.harihar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 11:47:33 PDT 2012

Thanks for the reply Andreas, I am trying to only highlight the features
that have been selected by the user defined polygon. So I have the features
and I need to apply, only to those select features, the SLD highlight.

Is it possible to use OpenLayers.Control.SLDSelect and pass the select
features or it is necessary to use,

OpenLayers.Control.SLDSelect(
OpenLayers.Handler.RegularPolygon, {
    //code
    }
})

??

Thanks,
Smaran

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Andreas Hocevar <ahocevar at opengeo.org>wrote:

> For highlihting features in the WMS layer directly, you may want to have a
> look at OpenLayers.Control.SLDSelect.
>
> Andreas.
> On Oct 5, 2012 9:13 PM, "Smaran Harihar" <smaran.harihar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have written a code that obtains the details of the features that are
>> intersected by the user defined polygon. I did that by using the
>> WFSprotocol,
>>
>> wfsProtocol = new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.fromWMSLayer(layer);
>>
>> Now I am working on how I can highlight the selected features. Is it
>> possible to highlight the features in the WMS layer directly? I guess not,
>> so how can I create WFS features of only the selected features?
>>
>> How should I proceed?
>>
>> --
>> Thanks & Regards
>> Smaran Harihar