[OpenLayers-Users] Newbie: OpenLayers, Openstreetmap adding markers

Nicholas Efremov-Kendall n.e.kendall at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 02:06:22 PDT 2012

Hi Robert,

You're question is a little too general to really be able to help you and
this list dedicated to the client side aspect of Open Layers.

Basically, you want an ajax call to your dbase to generate a vector layer
with markers writing the attributes you want to write to each locus. From
there, read the vector layer and popup examples. Finally, the zoom can be
solved a number of ways grabbing the bbox of the markers once they're
loaded.

hope that helps, I did something similar here www.sas.upenn.edu/jerba go to
the webgis section. If that's close to what you want to do, message me and
I can give you the php.