[OpenLayers-Users] base layer for wms

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Wed Oct 24 13:20:40 PDT 2012

The world image layer from ESRI comes with a min resolution not as good as
Google Satellite, but it's available as REST service and in arbitrary
projections and available at no cost, regardless of use.

see
http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcgis-online-map-and-geoservices/map-se
rvices

And example with ESRI World Imagery