[OpenLayers-Users] Unable to fetch data from user defined polygon : ISSUE with XML.js reading the returned response.

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Oct 29 15:50:31 PDT 2012

> Meaning on my Office mac i am able to see only US states and none
> other while on the other machines I can see details of all the other
> layers but US States. How is that possible?

The fundamental problem is that the xml being received is not being
parsed correctly. The essential part of the parsing of xml to dom is not
done by the js in openlayers but by an operating system/browser object.
This could be expected to be different between systems. The fundamental
problem is that the xml being sent back is malformed. This could be
geoserver bug or a misconfiguration but the problem is not fixable from
the OL end.
--
Phil Scadden, Senior Scientist GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St,
Private Bag 1930, Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232