[OpenLayers-Users] bgcolor for WMS not working

Andreas Schnieders schnieders.a at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 02:08:28 PDT 2012

Thank you for your quick response!

I'm a few steps further already:
I grouped all line- and polygon-layers together. Setting the background
like this now works:
LAYERS: 'Europe',
STYLES: '',
format: format,
bgcolor: '0x001d54',
transparent: false

This results in a full dark blue background. All areas of the map, that are
not line or polyon are dark blue now. BUT this just takes me to the next
step of the problem. I want to distinguish between land and ocean/sea. The
land-areas are somewhat defined by the coastline-layer. But I'm afraid, I
will not manage to define a specific color for the area 'inside" the
coastline, will I? If I specify a layer only containing the coastline and
set the bgcolor for that layer, the whole world is colored as well, not
just the area 'inside' the coastlines.

Do you see any other chance to just distinguish land-masses from water like
the North Sea? Or do you now any source of high-res-mapdata usable with
geoserver? shapefile preferred...?!

Many thanks in advance,
Andreas