[OpenLayers-Users] Label and point symbol together

Mark Paxton mark at innaxys.com
Tue Sep 11 08:38:22 PDT 2012

Hello,

I just have a seemingly simple question that I'm having trouble with.

I'd like to create a point with a text label and symbol. I'd like offset
the text label from the point, so that you can see the symbol, but also
change the alignment, so the text could be bl/rt etc.

It seems that you can use /either/ labelAlign /or/
labelXOffset+labelYOffset, but not both at the same time.

Is there a simple way to make my text label appear 5px away from the
point in whatever direction, so it doesn't overlap?

Thanks,
Mark