[OpenLayers-Users] Problem with "OpenLayers not defined" and "OpenLayers.Protocol.HTTP"

Jürgen Dankoweit Juergen.Dankoweit at T-Online.de
Wed Sep 12 11:34:55 PDT 2012

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

Am 12.09.2012 16:21, schrieb darethehair:
> Sorry that I cannot help with this, but I can confirm similar problems on my
> own app -- and this is puzzling the heck of of me!
>
> Originally, my app used Google Maps, and this worked fine in FF and Chrome.
> When I checked back recently, I noticed that it had stopped working on
> Chrome (but continued to work fine on FF) -- despite the fact that I had
> made no changes whatsoever to the app.  I got "Google is not defined".  No
> searches produced any answers.
>
> In frustration I just spent the last days converting my app to use
> OpenLayers instead.  The new app works fine on my local drive, in both FF
> and Chrome.  On the web, FF works fine but (again) Chrome does not -- now it
> says "OpenLayers not defined"!

For this open the console of Chrome (CTRL + SHIFT + J) and look whats
going on.
My problem is an other: I create an object as described in the official
documentation and both browsers show this error message.

Because nobody knows a solution I ignore it. That not good but what
shall I do.

Best regards

Jürgen

Meine stets unfertige Homepage: www.dankoweit.de