[OpenLayers-Users] Export Vector Features to file

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Tue Sep 18 14:33:29 PDT 2012

> Thanks Mr.Phil but would you please detail your response with an example ?
> I am trying to do this with GeoExt2 with no luck so far and I would like to
> try Extjs this time

Hmm. First off go to the sencha.com forums, and search the plugins for
Exporter (or simply search for "export excel") because there is more
than one plugin available, with different pros and cons.  What they have
in common though, is that they work off an extjs datastore. If you have
already loaded your features into a geoext featurestore (descended from
extjs data store), then you should be able to just point the exporter at
that store.
Otherwise you need to load the gml into a store. The featurestore source
code in geoext would be a good resource. My use has way too much
application logic to be any use as an example. The simplist is probably
to create arraystore and use loadData to load a 2D array that you create
from GML (selecting the fields you want to go into the store). Looking
over the sencha tutorials on data stores would be a good idea.