[OpenLayers-Users] Fastest way to create and frequently update ~1000 Features

Andreas Schnieders schnieders.a at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 03:33:36 PDT 2012

Hi,
>> to those of you being experienced with large numbers of features: What
>> do you consider the fastest way to create something around 1000
>> features and update the every 5 - 60 seconds? Or is there even an
>> "official" best practice?
>Large no. of features and KML dont go well together in my opinion. I
>would strongly consider using WMS for image, WFS for any query. You
>might want to see how well your application fits WMS-T.

Thanks! But where exactly would be the benefit of switching from KML to
GML3 for example? GML is "just" another xml-structure OpenLayers would have
to evaluate...?
Or would you recommend switching to JSON-output for WFS? How would you
create the features on client-side in that case?

Kind regards,
Andreas