[OpenLayers-Users] olControlPanPanel not responding to a bottom property

bmahf bmahf at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 3 09:17:17 PDT 2013

I am trying to move my PanPanel and ZoomPanel controls from top left to
bottom left.  I tried adding my own css as follows:

.olControlPanPanel
{
    bottom: 0px!important;
}

.olControlZoomPanel
{
    bottom: 0px!important;
}

But nothing changed.  Turns out I'm facing two issues:

1) Changes in my own css file don't seem to have an effect on either of
them.
2) If I, just for testing purposes, make the same change in styles.css, I
see the difference.   The only problem is, the bottom property still does
not have the desired effect.  It seems only to reposition the pan panel to
the bottom of the zoom panel, rather than the window, and the zoom panel
doesn't move at all.

I'm not sure what's up why my css file doesn't at least show these same
results.  And I am trying to figure out why the bottom option doesn't work
when it works well with say olControlAttribution.

Ideas would help.