[OpenLayers-Users] PopUp is not show

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Apr 8 18:09:35 PDT 2013

> I've got a problem using the popup functionality of OpenLayers. I've copied
> the code from an example, but it doesn't work. The goal is to show a popup,
> when a user klicks on a single feature or a cluster of features. What's the
> right way to do that?

Not enough information to say. The OL example work so in that sense they
are "right way" to do it.
  Are we talking getfeatureinfo control or a vector popup?
  Have you configured your proxy used by the proxyHost setting if it is
not a vector example?

The best way to delve into webmapping problems is getting used to using
Firebug or Chrome developer tools. In this case, you should be looking
at the Net tab and seeing is happening when you click on a feature. ie.
what call does it make to the server and what response does it get. Make
sure console is free errors. Nothing sent for wms/wfs layer means
control not configured properly. No response means proxy issue. If you
get a valid response, then problem is with the callback that setups the
popup. You can set breakpoints and trace into the code.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.