[OpenLayers-Users] icon minimum size

Jürgen Dankoweit Juergen.Dankoweit at T-Online.de
Thu Apr 25 09:19:19 PDT 2013

Hello Volker,

Am 25.04.2013 17:28, schrieb Gerstner, Volker:
> Hi all,
>
> we are using OpenLayers with reading a kml-file from an certain url for
> the markers.
> The icons of that markers are very small. When they are rendered in the
> browser, they are rendered bigger as they are.
> It seems, that they are allways rendered in a minimum size, which is a
> lot bigger as their normal size.
> Do I have a chance to show the icons in an smaller size (that is in
> their normal size).
>
> I hope for a quick response, thanks a lot and best regards

In small words: :)

First set the KML layer to invisible (layer.visibility = false).
Then append to the layer an event listener "loadend".

This listener contains a loop over all features:

for (var feat in features) {
 if (features[feat].style["externalGraphic"]) {
  <do icon scaling>

Then redraw the layer and finally unhide the layer.

I hope this idea helps.

Best reagards

Juergen

--