[OpenLayers-Users] select control no longer works after map.setLayerZIndex

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 00:00:14 PDT 2013

Hi list,

I have a map with 3 layers. 1 base layer, 1 overlay and 1 WFS layer.
I load them like this:
map.addLayers([baseLayer, wfsLayer, overlayLayer]);

When an user clicks on the map it should select the feature on the WFS
layer.
So I have added the select contro after calling map.addLayers:
  selectControl = new OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature(
      [wfsLayer],
      {
          clickout: true, toggle: false,
          multiple: false, hover: false
      }
  );
  map.addControl(selectControl);
  selectControl.activate();

This works great, my features get selected when clicked.

But my overlay layer is beneath the WFS layer and I want it to be on top.
The overlay layer is a non-filled polygon layer.
So I added map.setLayerZIndex(overlayLayer, map.Z_INDEX_BASE[ "Feature"
]+10);
after map.addLayers.
This looks OK. My overlay layer is now above my WFS layer.
But when I now click on the map, nothing gets selected.

Most likely I'm not doing it right. How can I make my overlay layer on top
and my WFS layer selectable?

Thanks,

Paul