[OpenLayers-Users] filter.toString() issue

Alexandre Djioev djioev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 21:22:33 PST 2013

Hello everyone,

I have a comparison filter object that looks like this:

<ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo matchCase="false">
  <ogc:PropertyName>state</ogc:PropertyName>
  <ogc:Literal>nsw</ogc:Literal>
</ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>

If I do filter.toString() it will produce 'state = 'nsw'' statement that I
will use later in my cross-layer query. Filter.toString() method uses
OpenLayers.Format.CQL  write() method for that.

Problem: toString() will ignore  matchCase="false" statement and my
cross-layer query fails, so from my perspective given CQL statement is not
correct.

I know there is 'ILIKE' statement, would it be better if above filter will
be converted to "state ILIKE 'nsw'"?

Thanks Alex