[OpenLayers-Users] Port a desktop application to mobile devices

jantonio.lopez at telvent.com jantonio.lopez at telvent.com
Wed Feb 20 06:32:05 PST 2013

I'm about to start developing a desktop application using OpenLayers. I've
never had experience on it before, but have the support of some coworkers
who do.

After having finished the design of that project, we've been asked to
estimate the use of the same application (or at least parts of it) in
mobile devices. We know the existence of openlayers.mobile.js, but nobody
in the work group has ever worked with it before.

I know it has some advantages over the normal OpenLayers library, such as
pinching for zooming, and so. But, does it has any blocked capabilities? I
mean, if I write code to draw a line on a layer in the desktop
application, change the simbology of a layer, add a buffer arround a
polyline, etc.. will it still work with the mobile library?
Is there funcionality in the desktop version that is not in the mobile
one?

Thank you in advance,
Jose Antonio