[OpenLayers-Users] Questions on animated zooms.

Luís de Sousa luis.a.de.sousa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 02:02:48 PST 2013

Dear all,

I've been experimenting with the animated zoom following the examples [1,2].
With a Google layer as base and a few WMS as overlays it works great, using
animationEnabled = true for the former and transitionEffect: 'resize' for
the latter.

Now when I try the same only with WMS, as base and overlays, the resizing
works well but there's no smooth transition from one zoom level to another,
it just leaps abruptly. Do I need to set some some other parameter in the
base to get the smooth transition?

Another question I have is on OSM. Is there any animation functionality
available for it?

Thank you,

Luís

[1] http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/google-v3.html