[OpenLayers-Users] measure control...

Sean K sk92129 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 14:12:30 PST 2013

do you mean that the layer in geoserver controls the measure tool in
OpenLayers?

So if the layer in geoserver is UTM -- the measurement tool cannot generate
miles ?

What do folks do to make this work as a general solution -- regardless of
the projection in the layer?  Do folks who use OpenLayer have to look at
the measurement event.units and convert on the OpenLayer javascript side?

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Gery . <gamejihou at hotmail.com> wrote:

> probably because your base map has utm values, check the projection of
> your layer.
>

> __________________________________________________________________________________________
> Piensa en el medio ambiente - mantenlo en la pantalla. NO lo imprimas si
> NO es necesario.
> Think green - keep it on the screen. Do NOT print if it is NOT necessary.
> Denken Sie an die Umwelt - bewahren Sie es auf dem Bildschirm. Drucken
> Sie es NICHT, wenn es NICHT notwendig ist.
>

> > Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 13:57:53 -0800
> > From: sk92129 at gmail.com
> > To: openlayers-users at lists.osgeo.org
> > Subject: Re: [OpenLayers-Users] measure control...
>

> > I still dont get miles units -- mine still comes out as KM.
> >
> > Here is my measure tool .
> >

> > measure.html
> > <http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5036001/measure.html>
> >
> > Why is it still KM?