[OpenLayers-Users] Problem with <body onload="init()"> in WFS-T.html

dolphintroop thymeland at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 22 02:32:24 PST 2013

Dear List:

In my previous post of
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Help-please-the-proxy-problem-for-my-application-td5035827.html
I said that I just faced a problem with the proxy for openlayers, with the
help of two friends Gery and Phil Sadden, I figure out a way to over it in
an irregular solution,now I describe it as below, and there is still a
question confuse me.

My environment is as below,I describe it in last post.
Server A contained the web application, I used winXP,tomcat 6.0(uninstall
edition,url set as 192.168.0.102:8999),eclipse3.5
Server B contained geoserver and my sph data,the geoserver(2.2.4 edition,url
set as 192.168.0.108:8765) works fine.

The example I ran is this file: GeoServer 2.2.4\data_dir\www\wfs-t.html

I need to run wfs-t.html out of geoserver directory, so I just set two kind
of proxy, both of it work now.
First one is the proxy.cgi solution according with this link:
http://www.berndresch.com/blog/2011/11/01/installing-a-cgi-proxy-on-tomcat/
Second is the proxy.jsp solution which provided by Phil Scadden in my last
post.

At first time I run wfs-t.html in my tomcat+eclipse+winxp environment, but
it does not work although I tried each kind of "OpenLayers.ProxyHost =", I
inserted alert() function to trace the run step of code, and it does not
work.
but this file can run normally under Aptana environment(wms is serviced but
wfs do not display) without proxy setting.

below is the content of original wfs-t.html

after that, I just found that <body onload="init()"> never executed , I
modified the code as below:

So it works fine with both proxy setting.

It's so strange that <body onload="init()"> could not run on my environment,
I just try each edition of browser of IE,FF,Chrome,Opera, but all of them
did not work.

Anybody could give me a suggestion?

Thank you in advanced!