[OpenLayers-Users] event when layer opacity change

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Fri Jan 25 17:04:55 PST 2013

Hi,

setOpacity calls the map changelayer event. When this event is called,
the layer changed is passed.

So you could add a listener on this event and check which layer was
changed and act accordingly.

Here's the code that trigger the event (from Layer.js):
this.map.events.triggerEvent("changelayer", {
     layer: this,
     property: "opacity"
});

Best regards,
Julien

On 13-01-25 04:12 PM, Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When a layer's opacity is changed, I would like to assign the new
> opacity to another layer. I found the map event layerchange, but is
> there an event on the layer? That would be easier to use to me.
>
> I'm using geoext slider to change the opacity
>
> thanks
>
> steve

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears