[OpenLayers-Users] How can I change the name of layers in tree

Cristhian Boujon cristhianboujon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 03:06:08 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I'm trying to change the name of the layers in the tree using OpenLayers
and GeoExt
I get the tree:

layer_group1
   |_ namespace:layer_a
   |_ namespace:layer_b
   |_ namespace:layer_c

layer_group2
   |_namespace:layer_d

But I want to expect:

layer_group1
   |_ Layer a
   |_ Layer b
   |_ Layer c

layer_group2
   |_ Layer d

This is part of my code:

var layer_group1 = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("layer_group1",
                    url,
                    {
                        LAYERS:
['namespace:layer_a','namespace:layer_b','namespace:layer_c'],
                        format: "image/png",
                        transparent: "true",
                        projection: 'EPSG:4326'
                    },
                    {

                        buffer: 0,
                        displayOutsideMaxExtent: true,
                        isBaseLayer: false,
                        displayInLayerSwitcher: false,
                        yx : {'EPSG:4326' : true}

                    }
                );

var layer_group2 = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("layer_group2",
                    url,
                    {
                        LAYERS: 'namespace:layer_d',
                        format: "image/png",
                        transparent: "true",
                        projection: 'EPSG:4326'
                    },
                    {
                        opacity:0.5,
                        buffer: 3,
                        displayOutsideMaxExtent: true,
                        displayInLayerSwitcher: false,
                        yx : {'EPSG:4326' : true}

                    }
                );

    mapPanel = new GeoExt.MapPanel({
        border: true,
        region: "center",
        // we do not want all overlays, to try the OverlayLayerContainer
        map: mapa,
        center:[-6613943,-3793944],
        zoom: 7,
        layers: [ capaBase, layer_group1, layer_group2, gmap,gsat,vector]
    }
)

  I'm trying to change the name of the layers in the tree. This is part of
[...]

How can I change the name of the layer in the tree?

PS: don't hesitate if you need more code.

Cristhian A. Boujon.