[OpenLayers-Users] TypeError: OpenLayers.Control.EditingToolbar is not a constructor

Alexandre Dubé adube at mapgears.com
Thu Jun 27 10:27:36 PDT 2013

Hi,

   Are you using a builded version of OpenLayers, like
OpenLayers.light.debug.js maybe ?  If so the
OpenLayers.Control.EditingToolbar might not included in the build you're
using.  If you enter "OpenLayers.Control" in your navigator dev tool,
you'll see what controls your build contains.

   That would be the first thing I'd check.  Try switching to
OpenLayers.debug.js or OpenLayers.js to see if it works.

HTH,

Alexandre

On 13-06-27 10:57 AM, Tonton wrote:
> I try to add editing tools bare after the map was created
>
> var vlay = this.map_layers[1];
>                console.log(vlay);
>                 var editing = new OpenLayers.Control.EditingToolbar(vlay);
>                 this.map.addControl(editing);
>
> and systematicaly i had this error message
>
> TypeError: OpenLayers.Control.EditingToolbar is not a constructor
>
> the console. log output :
> Object { EVENT_TYPES=[28], options={...}, name="Editable", more...}
> is the layer i want to draw on
>
> What i 'am doing wrong ?

Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears