[OpenLayers-Users] GML vector layer as baselayer, possible or not ?

Gaëtan Palka palka.gaetan at gmail.com
Tue May 7 07:49:16 PDT 2013

Hello,

for a project, I have to change the baselayer but I have 2 constraints :
- I can't use mapserver or geoserver
- I have to use specific baselayer that I have to create (roads, city
limits, ...)

Using GML data, I tried to used the isBaselayer property of .Layer.Vertor
but without success :

alea = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("alea", {
        isBaselayer: true,
        protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.HTTP({
            url: "./Data/Alea_37/alea_37_wgs84.gml",
            format: new OpenLayers.Format.GML()
        }),
        strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed()]
    });

I have found three messages with the same topic but none response.

Thanks by advance.