[OpenLayers-Users] Pre-seeding localStorage

Jurrie Overgoor jurrie at stijlxpres.nl
Wed May 8 06:30:05 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I am making a webapp with OpenLayers and I want to use the localStorage
for offline situations. I want to give the users the ability to preload
the tiles in the localStorage. I'm thinking of a 'preload' page that
displays a progressbar per zoomlevel, and starts with zoomlevel X (loads
all the tiles for zoomlevel X) and continues with zoomlevel X+1. It
would stop when all zoomlevels are done, or when the localStorage is
full. How do I go about this?

My map is displaying a route with a maxExtend bounding box. I know this
bounding box beforehand. So I need a mechanism to translate a Bounds
object into tile urls for each zoom level. Maybe someone can push me in
the right direction, or even has an example that does something similar?

I hope I've explained my problem clear enough. Thanks in advance for any
help!

With kind regards,

Jurrie