[OpenLayers-Users] Featureinfo when marker load on map

adityakumar529 adityakumar529 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 06:23:10 PDT 2013

Dear User,
   I have a search option(Google map search) in my map. When I drag the
marker to any other location I get the feature info activated.

var drag=new OpenLayers.Control.DragFeature(vectorLayer,{
	    onComplete:function(e) {
		var lonlat =
map.getLonLatFromPixel(map.getControlsByClass("OpenLayers.Control.MousePosition")[0].lastXy).transform(new
OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913"), new
OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326"));
		alert(lonlat);
		var roadidPicker = new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
		url: 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/aditya/wms',

		title: 'identify features on click',
		//layers: [BBMP],
		queryVisible: true,
		});
		roadidPicker.infoFormat = 'application/vnd.ogc.gml';
		roadidPicker.events.register("getfeatureinfo", this, pickRoadid);
		//alert (taa);
		map.addControl(roadidPicker);
		roadidPicker.activate();

	    }
	});
 function pickRoadid(e) {
	var val = e.features[0].attributes.ward_name;
	alert('pickRoadid');
	alert(val);
	//alert('ward_namehihi: '+val);
	if (e.features && e.features.length) {
	    var ward_no = e.features[0].attributes.ward_no;
	    alert(ward_no);
	    return ward_no;
	}
	return val;
    }

Requesting help to make the same functionality active when the marker loads
on the map after search.

Aditya Kumar

India Urban Space Foundation

-----