[OpenLayers-Users] Geoserver+ Oracle

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Tue Nov 19 12:17:19 PST 2013

> There is a very minute change in both the geoserver that too with DB. In the
> first case I am using postgres while in the other I am going with Oracle.

If you are using Oracle spatial, then have you got an spatial index.
Note the bottom of this email from the geoserver group.

_______________________

I have figured out the problem.  It had to do with the creation of an entry
in the ORACLE USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA table in order to create the Spatial

I originally set it to the ff (copied this off the web as I was not able to
create spatial indexes without it):

INSERT INTO USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA
   VALUES (
   'Geoserver_Cem000',
   'the_geom',
   MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ARRAY(   -- 20X20 grid, virtually zero tolerance
     MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ELEMENT('X', 0, 20, 0.005),
     MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ELEMENT('Y', 0, 20, 0.005)
      ),
   4326  -- SRID
);

and have changed it to

INSERT INTO USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA
   VALUES (
   'GEOSERVER_CEMDATA',
   'THE_GEOM',
   MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ARRAY(
     MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ELEMENT('X', -180, 180, 0.005),
     MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ELEMENT('Y', -90, 90, 0.005)
      ),
   4326   -- SRID
);

I am very new to Oracle spatial and am learning as I go.  I am not even sure
why the difference but it worked.

 From Andrea:

The issue is that Oracle cannot run the spatial filters used by
GeoServer (SDO_FILTER)
without a spatial index

--
Phil Scadden, Senior Scientist GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St,
Private Bag 1930, Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.