[OpenLayers-Users] openlayers 2.13.1 examples not working

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at boundlessgeo.com
Mon Nov 25 04:24:33 PST 2013

This is because of a circular dependency:

OpenLayers.Format.OWSCommon requires OpenLayers.Format.XML.VersionedOGC
requires OpenLayers.Format.OGCExceptionReport requires
OpenLayers.Format.OWSCommon.

I think VersionedOGC should not require OGCExceptionReport. It should not
automatically run the data through the OGCExceptionReport parser, because
then applications need to duck type the return type of the original parser
they wanted to use. So instead, VersionedOGC should throw an exception, and
applications can use try/catch to run the data through the
OGCExceptionReport parser in the catch block, if desired.

Andreas.