[OpenLayers-Users] Open layers proxy problem

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Nov 25 12:37:21 PST 2013

On 26/11/2013 4:27 a.m., adityakumar529 wrote:
> HI Andreas,
>   Thanks. Can you please guide me for the same? I have tomcat with me and I
> have put the proxy.cgi file in the Web-INF/cgi folder.

If you are using tomcat, then consider using a proxy.jsp instead (put it
in same folder as your application).
https://github.com/terrestris/JSP-Whitelist-Proxy
However, there are proxy codes around for several serverside coding
environments - sticking to your preferred serverside programming
environment is best. Since I use tomcat and jsp for all my servlet
programming, it makes sense to me.

No proxy will work for you unaltered. You have put your own servers (and
ports) in the whitelist. Ie proxy is not something to try and shove in
blindly. If you are not comfortable with serverside programming and
configuration, then find someone who is.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.