[OpenLayers-Users] Layers for Mobile Site

Jerome A. Wendell jawendell at suddenlink.net
Mon Nov 25 12:47:50 PST 2013

I am currently using OpenLayers 2.12 on a web site without any problems,
which has various layers including OSM, ArcGIS REST, WMS and vector layers.
The WMS layers are from GeoServer, and I am currently using them as
overlays.  I am setting up a mobile site using the same layers.  I have
setup a ProxyHost on both sites, and it is working correctly.  My problem is
I cannot get the WMS layers to display on the mobile site when an OSM layer
or ArcGIS REST layer is used as a base layer.  If I only load the WMS layers
(using one as a base layer) on the mobile site, which are all WGS84, the
layers display without any problem.  If I include an OSM layer or an ArcGIS
REST layer on the mobile site, which are all web mercator, then the WMS
layers will not display as a base layer or an overlay.  When a WMS layer is
turned on or off in the layer switcher, nothing shows up in the network tab
of Firebug.  It seems like this problem could be related to the different
coordinate systems, but working with these two systems has not been a
problem in the full version of OpenLayers.  I tried using the full version
on the mobile site, but that did not change anything.  I have tried
OpenLayers 2.12 and 2.13.1 and the results are the same.

I have not found much documentation on the mobile version of OpenLayers, and
I have been following the examples that are available.  Are layers handled
differently in the mobile version?

Thanks,

Jerome Wendell